Hurix Systems Pvt. Ltd is looking at hiring a Usability Architect .
This position involves travel and will be based out of Chennai.
Interested candidates can mail their resumes to krishnaprathab.rv at hurix [dot] com
The Usability Architect will apply user-centered research and design skills to organize information in ways that are meaningful and useful to end-users of the system. The Usability Architect owns the creation of the “blue prints” for user interface designs for existing and new product/services concepts. Duties include managing the process of developing information architecture from research and conceptual design to planning and production for assigned site areas. The Usability Architect will also conduct usability tests through the pre-testing, testing, and analysis phase.
- Understand target audiences’ needs and other motivating factors and translate them into concepts for compelling interactions and experiences.
- Develop a usability offering for pretest guidelines, conducting the tests, and performing the final analysis in order to feed a report back for product improvements and enhancements.
- Develop and document detailed information architectures, taxonomies and interaction designs for highly interactive interfaces and web based applications to support marketing strategy, brand strategy, and desired user behaviors.
- Create and maintain process flows, site maps, navigation systems, user personas, screen prototypes, and conceptual models to clarify and refine new product solutions.
- Ability to produce and maintain highly accurate wireframe documentation and other specification required to implement design and interface concepts.
- Collaboratively develop and maintain scenarios, navigation models, interaction designs and prototypes for demonstration of concepts to clients.
- Develop and maintain user interface standards across all of HPI systems.
- Lead and/or participate in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing.
Ability to research and prioritize user requirements and functional requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and IT to define scope.
- Conduct and participate in concept generation activities including the development of: user profiles, user scenarios, organizational models, task models, and feature lists.
- Visually communicate product/service innovations and improvements to Product Management and Development teams.
- Work closely with interaction designers and developers to implement the look and feel of systems
- Collect and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data to make design recommendations based on test results, usability standards and best practices.
- Act as user advocate throughout user experience design process.
OTHER REQUIRED ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Willingness to take risks, accept criticism and move on to the next idea.
- Ability to understand the importance of flexibility and the balance of speed and quality.
- Have excellent visualization skills with the ability to articulate concepts and ideas.
- Possess strong orientation toward conceptual modeling with the ability to innovate on process tools and conventions.
- Have knowledge and expertise in a variety of research methods.
- Has the ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
RECOMMENDED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, information design, industrial design, or related area
- 5+ years experience developing interactive products
- 2-3 years experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer.
- 2+ years experience working with Morae software package for usability testing.
- Demonstrated expertise in consumer facing software application interfaces and/or interactive applications – must include creating transaction-oriented interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to work with templates and content management systems, document designs in scenarios, workflows, site architectures, and page template/wireframe formats, use case and functional requirements development preferred.
- Experience leading and/or observing user research and usability testing and translating results into design decisions.
- An outstanding portfolio of detailed page schematics, functional specifications, interaction flows, site maps, navigation systems, and wireframes
- Experience in client services and negotiating business and technical decisions
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Past Interactive Design/Graphic Design experience in a studio or agency a plus