This indian usability/ux blog attempts to bridge the gap between user requirements research & user interface design.
Muthu is based in Bangalore, India & works in the xDesign team, Sun Microsystems Bangalore.
Watch this blog for usability concepts, events, seminars, trends & growth of Usability in india. < THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE > GO TO --- > http://muthuonline.com
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
- heuristic evaluation is used when there isnt any access to users.
- can be used to evaluate prototypes/ mockups in the early stages of product design lifecycle
- 3 to 5 experts will be able to detect more than 75% of the problems
- different experts will find different problems
- its inexpensive
- its crucial to recruit properly trained & qualified experts
- this technique is subjective and might raise false alarms
- prevaluation training : domain knowlegge inputs and scenarios can be given to the experts
- evaluation is done independently and findings are compared
- severity of every problem is assigned. problems are prioritised
- the evaluation report is discussed with the ui team members.