This indian usability/ux blog attempts to bridge the gap between user requirements research & user interface design.
Muthu is based in Bangalore, India & works in the xDesign team, Sun Microsystems Bangalore.
Watch this blog for usability concepts, events, seminars, trends & growth of Usability in india. < THIS BLOG IS INACTIVE > GO TO --- > http://muthuonline.com
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Designing User Interfaces for Mobile / Wireless Devices
- Small screen sizes
- Difficult input mechanisms
- Variety of devices/ microsbrowsers/platforms /service providers
- Less Boot up time
- Restricted power supply/ battery life
- Less Memory
- Less powerful CPU
- Less Bandwidth
- Unreliable Connection
WAP Environment :
- Uses Micro Browsers to submit & request requests.
- Micro Browser uses WML & WML script interpreters.
UX Goals :
- Easy Information retrival, not browsing
- Organize data for easy access ( Card Decks, Access Keys etc.,)
- Optimise application to suit specific device models
WML Capabilities :
- Supports text & images
- Events & Tasks : do, postfield, go, prev
- User Input : input, select, option
- Card Deck info organisation
- Variables : set, refresh, onevent
Designing Effective User Interfaces for Wireless Devices>